Excellent Schools Now (ESN) is a coalition of education, business and community-based organizations in Washington State working statewide to achieve meaningful education reform that increases student achievement, closes the achievement gap and prepares students to be college and career-ready.
In response the need to better represent underserved and underrepresented students and communities, the current ESN Steering Committee – comprised of the League of Education Voters, Partnership for Learning, Schools Out Washington, Stand for Children Washington, and Tabor 100 – is announcing this Request for Proposal (RFP) process to award three, 13-month grants (October 2013 to October 2014) of $15,000 each.
Applicant organizations must meet the following criteria:
• Evidence of established community relationships and a track record of mobilizing those relationships, in particular within communities representing underserved and underrepresented student populations; and
• Proven track record of relationships fostered with underserved and underrepresented individuals, groups, communities, constituencies, and organizations
Eligible applications must include:
1. Cover letter, on organization’s stationery, signed by organization’s director, that provides a synopsis of your proposed outreach strategies.
2. Narrative (no more than three to four pages) that includes:
· A summary of your organization’s mission
· A description of your relationships and influence with underserved or underrepresented individuals, groups, communities, constituencies and organizations
· How you will accomplish your project goals (as outlined at the bottom of page one).
· Key staff members (with attached resumes)
· A 13- month calendar of activities and events indicating what your organization will do to:
o Strategically engage communities representing underserved, underrepresented student populations
o Build relationships, awareness, and political will – relating to A+ Washington agenda and the ESN 2014 policy agenda – within communities representing underserved, underrepresented student populations
3. Proposal budget (project expenses and total budget for a 13-month period from October 1, 2013 to October 31, 2014)
4. Appendices (Attachments)
o Verification of tax-exempt status (IRS determination letter)
o Key staff resumes
o If possible, a support letter(s) or endorsement(s) from existing Excellent Schools Now Coalition members
To apply for a grant, submit an application containing all of the items specified above, including all requested attachments, to email@example.com and cc: Kim Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is September 13, 2013.