Friday, June 28, 2013

Incoming Treasurer on Financial Review Committee

QUESTION:
I am an incoming treasurer and I was told that since I will be handling the books I couldn’t be on the financial review committee.  I would like to be part of this process so I can see where we have been the past year.  Can I be on the financial review committee?
 
ANSWER: 
According to WSPTA Uniform Bylaws, if you (or anyone that resides in your household) were NOT a signer on the account during the time period for which the books are being reviewed, you are most certainly eligible to be on the financial review committee, and it is actually a great idea for you to do so as an incoming treasurer.  If the outgoing treasurer was a signer on the account, he/she is not eligible to be on the committee, but is asked to be available by phone to answer any questions the financial review committee may have during the financial review process.